[thelist] window.showModalDialog giving me heartburn...

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Tue Oct 28 09:21:24 CST 2003

Good morning Jeff,

Thank you for the explanation on how ShowModalDialog works.
Unfortunately, it is being used incorrectly, I think. Or rather, the
needs of the client have changed in that ShowModalDialog isn't going to
do what they need. Basically, web page A runs full screen in IE (it's IE
only, as it's an internal training app) and within this page there are
other modules, namely a "details" screen and a "glossary" screen - both
of which use the ShowModalDialogue.

The client now wants to link glossary and details items to their
respective pages, behind the modal window.

The problem I *thought* I was contending with is that I need to actually
call a JS function in the background window to change a bunch of
navigation elements. Which would, I guess, be one of 2 problems now. :-)

Thanks for any more insight you might be able to pass along.

Chris.