[thelist] CSS: Doctype and CSS problem

Gina Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Thu Oct 30 15:19:50 CST 2003

Hi gang,

Okay I've run into something I'm clueless on.

I'm putting together a movabletype site, and I've run into a Doctype
blocking a class for an image. I have transparent stars for a review, with a
background image that fills in the stars depending on the class given to the
image. The following pages should give a rating of 3 1/2 stars. My test
pages are here:

http://ginaanderson.com/csstest/1.php
(background image doesn't show)

http://ginaanderson.com/csstest/2.php
(background image doesn't show)

http://ginaanderson.com/csstest/3.php
(background shows)

What I took out in the successful page is:

What doctype should I use to get this working properly?

Thanks,
Gina