[thelist] CSS Won't Work in MSIE 5.5

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Thu Oct 30 18:04:15 CST 2003

I decided to bite the bullet and redo one of the sites I maintain using
style sheets.

I dove in and started redesigning the home page, and I was liking what I saw
in Opera 7, my current browser of choice. When I tried looking at it in MSIE
5.5, though, I was really disappointed. The style rule for the body isn't
working. Here's the style rule:

body {
  background: #ffffff url(images/bg.gif) repeat-x;
  margin: 0px;
}

Also not working is a class I set up for the hover over a link in the nav
bar:

a.nav:hover {
  margin: 3px;
}

This just highlights the link you're hovering over by offsetting the image a
little. As I say, both of these work quite nicely in Opera 7.

The URL for the page is http://www.itctestweek.org/itc-css/index.html. Any
ideas you may have would be welcome.

Thanks!

Dan