[thelist] using character entities

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 09:41:14 CST 2003

Hello,

Just working on my HTML guidelines doc again for my department. I'm
on HTML character entities, and I'm trying to explain the reason why
you should use them (we are generally using XHTML transitional) in
our pages.

I've been using them long enough, but for some reason I cannot come
up with the reason why. Sure, pages won't validate is a partial
reason, but not really a good one and not one that will be accepted
here. I feel as though I am missing the obvious but can't think of
it...

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"I'll ho ho and ha ha you!" (Daffy Duck)