[thelist] png in IE

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Nov 3 12:33:01 CST 2003

First of all, don't use .png's. They don't render in some browsers as well
as the Asian browsers, at last check. Use what you know works (i.e. gif /
jpg).

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus Andersson [mailto:marcan at home.se]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 10:36 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] png in IE

Hi

I have these icons in png format and want to make use of them in IE. The
icons have transparent backgrounds that works nicely in
Mozilla/Photoshop. When I use them in IE I get this ugly grey background
instead of the transparent one.

Should I do anything special to make it work or should I consider to
convert the icons to gif?

/Marcus
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/