[thelist] Re: Language Detection vrs. Splash Screen

Ben Gustafson Ben_Gustafson at lionbridge.com
Tue Nov 4 09:22:35 CST 2003

> Using/not using a splash page is one thing. However, being
> from a bilingual country, I know that a large and vocal group
> would be offended by one language being the "default" over
> another.

Huh? Think about that for a second. How exactly would not having a default
language work? If a site was in English and French, and your browser
language preference was set to German, which language would be displayed?
Esperanto? None?
I think the "large and vocal group" needs to get over itself.

> It may in fact go against Government policy.

Same for the Government.

--Ben