[thelist] hiding html source code

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Wed Nov 5 12:01:47 CST 2003

> 1. Do you really want to work with clients who you believe would
> stoop so low as stealing your source code to cheat you out of
> your just deserves?

Even if I really knew the client well enough to predict that kind
of thing, I still need the job.

> 2. What message does it send to these clients when they do attempt
> to view your source code? Doesn't seem very trust inspiring to me.

Those who take offense will be few.  Nearly every software package
you can buy off the shelf has some kind of copy protection.  It's
a nuisance, but I hardly expect Intuit, Symantec, or Micro$oft to
trust me until they really know me.  And if a prospective client
really wants to look at some of my code, they can ask.  (And I'll
accommodate them.)