[thelist] ot - downloaded file?

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Wed Nov 5 12:50:38 CST 2003

Roger Harness wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Sorry for the off-topic'ness of this, but does anybody know of any ideas on
> trying to find a downloaded (?) file?
>
> its a 129+ meg file (col3929.exe) that took me about 8 hours to d/l on a 56k
> line.
>
> I tried to get in using IE6, but it kept quitting the download. So finally I
> tried using Mozilla 1.0 and that *seemed* to get it.
>
> It just now stopped, and i cant seem to find anywhere! I've tried "Find"ing
> it using any version of "col3929.exe" but not having ANY luck.
>
> Does anybody know some crazy miracle that might help me
> find/retrieve/salvage this file??

Check your C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data folder
(its hidden by default)

Also worth digging around are the various temp folders in \Windows

This is where user account specific application settings are stored.
Search for filesize match, as the name might be different. I know IE
stores the file with some weird temp. name while downloading, then moves
and renames it when its finished.

hth,
--
Burhan Khalid