[thelist] Site Check: Problem in IE5 Mac

Jason Sweeney jason at designshift.com
Fri Nov 7 13:04:48 CST 2003

Wondering if some lucky soul(s) with a Mac could assist me with a
problem I have been informed we are having with our site:

http://www.dalgrad.dal.ca/

According to a few people who have contacted me, the site has some
problems in IE 5 (Mac). Here are their notes to me:

"It doesn't stop loading -- specifically, the status keeps changing too
fast to read, but I think I see "Sending request for /fgs.css" and
"Sending request for /print.css". The progress bar at the lower right
keeps changing back and forth, as the status text changes. The two
combined are very distracting. And it *never* stops."

* no idea what is up with that one

"The bottom box of the four boxes on the right is indented to the left
an extra 9(?) pixels."

* this may be a box-model problem, but I could be widely off-base here...

"Sometimes an entire page appears blank.  Sometimes it appears normally.
Sometimes links disappear when the cursor moves over them. Sometimes
links appear as grey blocks. It occurs most often in the menu on the
left side but also in some of the main text areas. When the cursor moves
           up and down the menu on the left, some of the titles go blank. "

* dazed and confused about this one

The home page validates as XHTML Transitional. (The rest of the site...
I'm still working on it.) The CSS validates.

I've lately been doing site modifications, cleaning up the code and
moving towards compliant XHTML throughout the site. I'm also working on
cleaning up the CSS (note "working on"). As I've just heard abouth these
problems, I'm assuming something I've done recently has messed things up
for IE5 (Mac). I just have no idea what. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

jason sweeney