[thelist] pdf's & Bookmarks

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 20:27:28 CST 2003

Hi Brian,
You can definitely accomplish 'bookmarking' in a PDF document and link to it from an HTML page.
For some reason, the Adobe PDF people use the term 'destination' instead of bookmark for any linking to a specific section of the document.
What you'll need to do is this:
In Adobe Acrobat, choose Windows - Destinations.
There should be a drop down menu you can click on that will only give you the option to 'Scan Document'  Choose this.
Most likely, it won't return anything, as you don't know how to add Destinations yet.
>From here, you would just go to the section of the PDF you want to link to, making sure the page is at the exact point for the link, and then choose Add Destination from the dropdown menu in the Destinations window.
It's a little strange, but from there you can use the <a href="www.yahoo.com#my_bookmark">My Bookmark</a> syntax without any troubles!
Let me know if you run into any snags - and good luck.
Janet