Fear-mongering was [thelist] odd IE worm or something..

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Sun Nov 9 19:57:01 CST 2003

Lonnie ranted:

>I had hoped that emails I receive from professional lists such as this would
>not contain the sort of fear-mongering crap that is usally spread by newbies
>who blindly "send this to everyone you know in your email address book" -
>then compromise ALL their friends' email addresses by stacking them all into
>the To: field of one email......
>
>Look out folks. We're likely to soon get another clever solution from the
>headlemur. Something like, "Turn OFF your computer. Unplug it from the wall.
>Place it carefully in the back corner of your closet. You are now FULLY
>protected from any and all potentially destructive software exploits.
>
>FACTS folks - like experiences

and yours would be.........?

>- not headline conjecture is going to help
>Tom solve his conundrum.

</rant>

So....disabling the messenging service will or won't help Tom? FYI the
messenging service vulnerability is (a) widely known and (b) widely
exploited and so MAY infact prove to be a factor in Tom's problem.

And where would your helpful suggestions be? Or is aimless sarcasm more
"professional" and helpful?

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com