[thelist] IE Update - A Golden Opportunity?

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun Nov 9 21:41:44 CST 2003

Where, in either of those two articles, does it say that anyone approached
Microsoft about these issues? Maybe I'm tired, but I don't see anything
there...

Additionally, whilst web-designers like to complain that "Microsoft doesn't
get it" - you need to understand that web-designers are a tiny minority of
IE's user-base. There are lots of competing priorities, and limited
resources. If you want to make Microsoft see that these things are
important, then you need to speak out in the places that Microsoft is
listening in.

Cheers
Ken

From: "Tim Burgan" <burgan at iprimus.com.au>
Subject: Re: [thelist] IE Update - A Golden Opportunity?

: Hi Adam,
:
:  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:  : ----- Original Message -----
:  : From: "Adam George"
:  :
:  : With the new update to IE announced recently
:  : (<http://msdn.microsoft.com/ieupdate/>), does anyone think
:  : Microsoft will take this opportunity to improve IE's CSS
:  : support, and/or fix the bugs, or will we have to endure the long
:  : wait for Longhorn?
:  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:
: I was just reading the other day, about how Jeffrey Zeldman, Eric Meyer,
and
: others approached Microsoft about this very issue - CSS/W3C Standards
: improvements.
:
: You can read an intro to this article at Eric Meyer's website [1], or
directly
: read the article on C|Net [2].
:
: [1] <http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/200310.html#t200310009>
: [2] <http://news.com.com/2100-1032_3-5088642.html>
:
: I was actually quite angry after I read the article. I just seems like
they have
: no idea.
:
: I posted this email on the 'CSS Discuss' mailing list [3] that is
moderated by
: Eric Meyer a few weeks ago. He directly commented by replying this:
"Microsoft
: may be about to crush the Web, or lead it into a glorious new golden era".
:
: [3] <http://www.css-discuss.org>
:
: Read the above articles