SV: [thelist] architecture question

Marcus Andersson marcan at home.se
Mon Nov 10 10:19:14 CST 2003

Maybe they just want to relieve the app server from serving static files
(which is actually quite common) and let it focus on the stuff it's
there for, that is, creating dynamic content for your site. Weblogic is
quite expensive so if you remove handling of static stuff from it I
guess you can get more dynamic content for the money (less number of
servers). Btw, are you using EJBs or something else that requires a full
J2EE container such as Weblogic?

/Marcus