SV: [thelist] architecture question

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 10:23:53 CST 2003

--- Marcus Andersson <marcan at home.se> wrote:
> Maybe they just want to relieve the app server from serving static
> files (which is actually quite common) and let it focus on the
> stuff it's there for, that is, creating dynamic content for your
> site. Weblogic is quite expensive so if you remove handling of
> static stuff from it I guess you can get more dynamic content for
> the money (less number of
> servers). Btw, are you using EJBs or something else that requires a
> full J2EE container such as Weblogic?

Okay that makes some sense and I think that's something along the
lines of what I had been told, now that I think about it. I'm not
sure on the EJB thing, I don't have full access to the system. But I
know we have some fairly sophisticated stuff going on.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"I'll ho ho and ha ha you!" (Daffy Duck)