[thelist] authorize.net form submission

Andrew Seguin asegu at borg.darktech.org
Mon Nov 10 22:01:24 CST 2003

If I understood correctly, you want your PHP script to POST to a secure
site. I agree with you to 100% that it is definitly not a good idea to
send the data back to the user's browser and have that submit it.

The basic idea is that you have to create a POST request yourself over
sockets.

in a generic fashion (post to http:// ):
http://pineappletechnologies.com/phplore/idx/0/007/article/Constructing_a_POST_request_without_cURL.html

over ssl (post to https:// ):
http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=10224631

but do take note that on php's page for "fsockopen" (
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.fsockopen.php ) that there is a link
to the page that describes the "List of Supported Socket Transports" (
http://www.php.net/manual/en/transports.php ) and there it says:

"ssl:// & tls:// since PHP 4.3"

...so you will want at least version 4.3 on your server for doing this.

Hope this helps,
Andrew