[thelist] [novice] Help with CSS layout

Stuart Denslow S.Denslow at chgl.com
Tue Nov 11 04:56:02 CST 2003

Geoff

This may help:

http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/boxes.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Hopson [mailto:ghopson at mac.com]
Sent: 11 November 2003 10:35
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] [novice] Help with CSS layout

Hi,

I'm trying to create a page template for a WebObjects application, and
use CSS to define the layout instead of tables. I am a CSS novice, and
the layout is killing me. I can fall back to tables if I have to, so
this is all academic right now. But, I want to learn!

I'm trying to create a bordered column of text, with images to define
the left and right hand sides of the text. *** I need the height of
these to adjust to fit the content ***. I thought that setting the
background-image would help me. Here's where I am:

http://objectology.co.uk/~ghopson/md/

How do I add a right hand column?
And how would I go about adding a column in the middle for a two column
display?

Thanks for any help,
Geoff
--