[thelist] Enterprise site architecture/CMS question

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 15:46:44 CST 2003

Hi all,

Wondering about your opinions on how to handle static content on a
large enterprise size site.

Imagine a site that has say 7 categories, each category has multiple
sub categories and theres roughly 200 pages, many with static
content. The template for most pages is the same or similar.

But the body of the template has varying content/HTML. I know there's
lots of ways to handle this content but I wonder what you all thought
was the most efficient.

It doesn't seem that putting the content/html into a database is the
best way to go on one hand - although it would seem to make editing
that content easy.

Anyway, thoughts, links etc ..

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"I'll ho ho and ha ha you!" (Daffy Duck)