[thelist] Trying to be as Div as possible

Mark M mark at safefrombees.com
Tue Nov 11 18:11:42 CST 2003

Hey all -

Here I am trying to be as div/CSS as possible ;) and struggling to get the results i want.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

I have a corporate header I HAVE to nclude, which is a series of tables, so I have no choice
about that part.

However, what I'm trying to do is set up an area that is basically the size of the browser
screen - and essentiall I have this -

   my real content here.

This is the test version of what I want to do - essentially the full height div will end up being
floated left, and become my nav bar for the screen.

The problem with that is that the inner div (blue) also wants to be 100% of the browser
window, and therefore pushes the div (red) to greater than 100% of the window - causing a
scroll bar. What I really want is pretty much like I want the div (blue) to be 100% -
corpheader.height.

If I can't do it - I can't do it - but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

mark at safefrombees.com
ICQ: 3094740