[thelist] OT: Windows 2000 Networking

David Mitchell dave at dbmdata.com
Thu Nov 13 06:28:21 CST 2003

Here's the lowdown on the machines:

1) Windows 2000 server - sees all and can be seen by all
2) Windows XP pro - see all and can be seen by all
3) Windows 2000 pro - sees above 2, but can't see new machine (4)
4) Windows 2000 pro (new machine) - sees (1) and (2) but can't see (3)

All all using the same protocols and are members of the same workgroup. The
only anomaly I can think of is (3) is a laptop and is on a wireless
connection. My router is set up to serve DHCP. Maybe this could be the
factor?