[thelist] HomeSite: Search & Replace for special characters?

|| cira || cira at bork.hampshire.edu
Thu Nov 13 10:57:06 CST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> I have a big document where I'd like to search and replace lots and
> lots of tabs and carriage returns. I cannot seem to figure out how to
> do this in HomeSite - if it is even possible. I think it is, because
> I thought I did it once before.

The only way I have been able to S+R specific characters such as tabs, or
newlines, is to copy them from the text and paste into the Search box.
Codesweeper will only fix "\s" whitespace I think.

Once pasted into the search box, you should see thick line, kind of like a
pipe (|).

HTH
-Samantha