[thelist] Redirect user agent to warning page

Raditha Dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Sun Nov 16 05:44:29 CST 2003

Hi,

What you are trying to do will not work because almost all downloaders
can change their identity very easily. If you want to go ahead with it
anyway you might want to refer to the Apache Url Rewriting guide which
has a couple of example that deals with serving different responses to
different browsers.

A better approach might be for you to indentify this particular users ip
or network and block access to that ip. This can also be done with url
rewrites.

If you are lucky the downloader reffered to might be well written and
might actually obey the robots.txt file. If it does this might be the
simplest approach.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.