[thelist] Remote Scripting

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Sun Nov 16 06:27:51 CST 2003

I am interested in learning more about Remote Scripting. I have always
updated web pages dynamically via what is known as 'hidden CGI' using an
IFRAME. I also update the server this way (with new data) without changing
the web page.

I understand that Remote Scripting can make this process smoother and
perhaps more automated and transparent to the user. I also understand that
it is inherently ASP-based. I am working on an IE6-only site and a Windows
server so MS issues should not present any problems.

Can anyone confirm or deny the above and either way, can anyone point me in
the direction of a good introduction (a URL) to this technology?

Thanks,
Hershel