[thelist] RE: Remote Scripting

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Nov 17 15:25:43 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Siri Atma Oaklander De Licori" <saodl at yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 3:59 PM

> I've been struggling with the same problem.  I came
> across the following in my research a while ago.  I
> don't have the link anymore, but you should be able to
> find more info.  I have not tested it myself, as I am
> currently prototyping offline and this technique
> doesn't work there for security reasons.  Therefore
> I'm still using iFrames...:(.  If this works for you,
> please let me know as I'll probably be switching over
> before too long.

Siri,

Another technique is to avoid the XMLHTTP object altogether and pull in the
data by setting the src attribute on the IFRAME via JavaScript.  A nice
benefit to calling the page by setting the src attribute is that any
JavaSrcipt within the frame will execute if wrapped in script blocks.

I'll post an example later on a technique to using IFRAMES that has worked
very well for me.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.