[thelist] Bug Tracking S/W

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Thu Nov 20 09:11:19 CST 2003

Sam Beam wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2003 14:22, Brian W. Reaves wrote:
>
>>I am looking for a free bug tracking s/w package I can use on a site I
>>am working on.
>

> http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net/
> have used it on smallish projects with 2-8 developers and QA people. Easy to
> set up and use.

I've used both Bugzilla and Mantis. With Bugzilla if you aren't root on
the server, or best friends with the server admin, and pretty good at
perl, don't think it'll be easy. The last time I set up Bugzilla
(earlier this year) it took the better part of a day. It's definitely
not a shared-hosting solution. Mantis on the other hand was a very quick
and easy install, it's written in PHP.

Bugzilla is a good product, it's just a bit of a pain to get up and
running. It's probably a good choice if you specifically needs it's
features. On the other hand though, if you want an easy to set up and
easy to use system, check out Mantis.

Pete