[thelist] Finding Past Version of a Website

Jay Fitzgerald jayfitz at bayou.com
Fri Nov 21 13:09:00 CST 2003

The Wayback Machine may help - although I am not sure how close to the
current date they archive or what their schedule is for doing so.

http://www.archive.org

HTH

Jay

At 12:00 PM 11/21/2003, you wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>Is there any way to find the past version of a website? A client referenced
>a third party conference website as a perfect example of the kind of site
>they had in mind for our project. Unfortunately, the conference was last
>month and all that's left is a summary. Is there any way to get a copy of
>the site before it changed?
>
>I've tried Google's cache, but they've already re-indexed the site. I
>remember reading about Internet archive projects that try to archive past
>versions of the Web, but I can't find any for the life of me. Does anyone
>have any ideas, short of asking the webmaster for a copy (which I might do)?
>
>TIA,
>
>Tony
>
>--
>* * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
>http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

>Workers of the Web, evolt !

Jay Fitzgerald, Design Director
- Certified Professional Webmaster (CPW-A)
- Certified Professional Web Designer (CPWDS-A)
- Certified Professional Web Developer (CPWDV-A)
- Certified E-Commerce Manager (CECM-A)
- Certified Small Business Web Consultant (CWCSB-A)

Bayou Internet - http://www.bayou.com
Toll Free: 888.30.BAYOU (22968)
Vox: 318.338.2034 / Fax: 318.338.2506
E-Mail: jayfitz at bayou.com
ICQ: 38823829 / AIM: bayoujf / MSN: bayoujf / Yahoo: bayoujf