[thelist] Still getting hujacked

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sat Nov 22 13:55:14 CST 2003

At 19:08 22/11/2003, Administrative HQ wrote

#1 You may actually have asked the thing to do this? do you remember?

Control Panel > Automatic Updates (in win 2k)

one of these might launch an alert in the browser?

Check the Windows Update settings (auto install / get ready and alert /
advise etc etc )

AND..... They do it when an update is available

OR

#2 your machine is infected with the virus(es) that spoof
the MS security updates???? <not certain on this last one, since I have
never "been there" I believe
fake pages can be opened by these nasties?>

FB