[thelist] re: xml transformation question

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 14:37:30 CST 2003

Shortly after I posted, I rememebered I had done something like this
before using expat for PHP (d'oh - memory is the first to go.) I have
a working test here:

http://www.pixelmech.com/review/xmlTest.php

(php code that does it is at the bottom of page, in blue)

Based on the XML file:

http://weather.boygenius.com/illinois-ohare.xml

So - here is my real question. I believe its the characterData()
function that allows me to print out the element value. I don't want
the full dump of XML at the end for starters. Next, I want to take
each element's (well, some of them) and save them to variables. Then
I can write my PHP to test those values and serve up the appropriate
image.

How can I set some variables to the element values? This is where I
am stuck, also - getting rid of the full output of the xml.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

[Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over my dead body to beat me...]