[thelist] Using multiple script languages in .NET

pouncyisdead pouncy_1 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:32:53 CST 2003

Question:
How do you include a script function that differs from your App's base
language in ASP.NET?

Why:
I am trying to escape a string of text in a VB.NET page, then unescape that
string using client-side JS.
Urlencode and Htmlencode don't seem to mesh well with client-side unescapes.
I would also like to find out more about Multi-language scripting in .NET.

Example: in ASP Classic
--------------
<script language="javascript" runat="server">
    function jsEscape(textString){ return escape(textString); }
</script>
<%
    Dim strHTML
    strHTML = " A whole grip of Html Tags :) "
    Response.Write " var strHTML = ' " & jsEscape(strOutPut) & _
        " '; sHTML = unescape(strHTML); document.write(strHTML); "
%>

Mike Pouncy - DorkExtraordinaire
  "All you can see is your brutal success / And damn the dead and fear the
mess."
    - CRASS ©1995 [ Best Before {Don't tell me you care} ]
Em: pouncy_1 at hotmail.com  |  Web: http://www.vegasGoths.com