[thelist] Advanced popup window

Lonnie kr43m0r at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 30 15:05:13 CST 2003

> How can you use this method when submitting a form (e.g. onSubmit will
open a new window as per the example below - and will still work if JS is
not there...)

> <form action="/polls.asp" method="post">
> <input type="radio" name="poll" value="R" />R
> <input type="submit" name="WFM_Submit" value="Vote" />
> </form>
>
> I have fiddled with onSubmit and a few other things and gotten some nice
errors but... didn;t work it out...

Well... onsubmit requires javascript. AFAIK, the only way you can post a
form to a new window without using javascript is to use the target attribute
(with the appropriate Doctype):

<form action="/polls.asp" method="post" target="_blank">

Of course you'll have no control over the window size, position, etc.