[thelist] DOM dhtml drives me crazy

s t e f notabene at f2o.org
Sun Nov 30 15:35:37 CST 2003

<quote who="liorean" when="30/11/03 20:39">

> No DOCTYPE, document.compatMode => 'backCompat'
> DOCTYPE, document.compatMode => 'CSS1Compat'

> It's the old
> only-properties-with-no-unit-may-be-set-without-a-unit-if-they-are-not-zero
> problem. Use parseInt on the old value, add a 'px' after the new value,
> and everything should work okay in standards compatible mode too.

That was exactly that.
Thanks liorean (at the same time a friend on the irc found the solution too)

>> Been fighting with this baby for three hours, and thought it was time
>> to call thelist to the rescue.
>
> At your service.

Thanks again. Why didn't I think sooner of 'standards' vs 'quirks' is
beyond me.

Another funny thing I jsut noticed: if I specify a DOCTYPE IE goes into
standards mode and shows a horizontal scrollbar, which is not wanted.

For now I'll have to let things in quirks mode then (urgence being what
it is).

--
s t e f
http://www.nota-bene.org/