[thelist] HTTP 403.15 Error Message

Cheryl Kautz kautz at mibusiness.com
Mon Dec 1 21:17:34 CST 2003

Hi -

HTTP 403.15 - Forbidden: Client Access Licenses exceeded
Internet Information Services

The above is an error message that people get on a sub-web that I'm working on.  I put a username and password on the site to prevent the general public from getting into it.  But after I added the username/password requirement, you can't get past the home page of the site. You just get the above error message when you click a link on the home page.  It only happens when you look at the site using America Online.  It does not happen when using IE or Netscape browsers.   The site does not use SSL.  It's an IIS 5.0 server using Windows 2000.  The site was created with FrontPage. The Service Pack is up-to-date.  What makes it most confusing is it only happens when looking at the  site in AOL.

Any help, suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheryl
email  kautz at mibusiness.com