[thelist] Webcam software

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Wed Dec 3 09:41:28 CST 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, John C Bullas (soton.ac.uk relay) wrote:

> I'm looking for a bit of free software automatically upload via FTP the
> output of my webcam (watching a building site!)..... ideally with review
> ability

You could try taking a look at WebcamFirst (http://webcamfirst.com/).
Their Flash-based front page doesn't come up for me in Mozilla. You
might try this link if you have the same problem:
  http://webcamfirst.free.fr/index_a.htm

I've toyed with it a little, but I still prefer to use my registered
copy of Webcam32 (http://www.surveyor.com/), though they haven't updated
the software in quite a while, best I can tell. When I first registered
it, it was only $20, and worth it. But now that Surveyer bought it and
raised the price to $39.95.... I dunno. I'd probably be looking for
something else if I didn't already have it.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/