[thelist] FlashMX Load Movie Question

matthew thelist at imagerealm.com
Thu Dec 4 10:07:35 CST 2003

> From: Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
>
> I hate to ask this question as it is so simple, but I'm not a flash guru. I
> have a button and a movie clip. When I click the button, I want the movie
> clip to load. How do I do this?
>
> My next question is that I have another button "x" in the movie clip that is
> supposed to close the movie clip. How do I do that?

Rob,
You could place the movie clip onto a layer in the _root (or whichever
timeline you want to call it from).

Set the first frame of your movie clip to be blank, add a "stop();" action
to the first frame, and label the frame "paused".

The content can begin on the second frame, which you might label "startHere"

So from the main timeline, you attach this script to the button

on (release) {
    gotoAndPLay(_root.myMovieClip,'startHere');
}

To make the movie disappear, attach this script to the button "x".

on (release) {
    gotoAndStop(_root.myMovieClip,'paused');
}

Something along those lines should work.
Matt