[thelist] IE6 Side-by-side version?

Patricia Lane lane495 at mwsi.net
Fri Dec 5 13:21:33 CST 2003

I just installed XP Pro on a clean system. When I use the shortcut on the
desktop to IE6, the version always shows as 6.0.2800.1106xpsp1.020828-1920.
However, if I click on a shortcut on the desktop, click a link in an email,
or use Start > Favorites to access a web page I have version "side-by-side".
I do not like the  side-by-side version, as it will not auto complete or
save passwords. And yes, the auto-complete IS checked in the options of the
side-by-side version.  How in the heck do I make it QUIT this behavior???

I didn't have this problem with Win98 & IE6.  Help!!

Thank you!!

Patricia Lane