[thelist] ASP/JScript/SQL Server and date formatting

Sarah Sweeney poohbear at designshift.com
Mon Dec 8 10:50:51 CST 2003

I am working on a site using ASP and JScript. I have a page where I am
trying to output a list of events which are saved in an SQL Server
database. I want to use some JScript date functions (e.g. getDay(),
getMonth(), etc) on the date as it is returned from the database, but it
seems that JScript doesn't like the format the date is returned in. If I
output "typeof mydate", it returns "date", but if I try to output
"mydate.getMonth()", I get the error message "'mydate' is null or not an
object". Does anyone know how I can get past this?

TIA

Sarah