[thelist] site check please

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Mon Dec 8 14:35:55 CST 2003

Richard Bennett wrote:

>Hi,
>

>Basically it seems to work ok, and fast enough.
>I was suprised that the font-size couldn't be varied in ie6
>(ctrl+mousewheel) on the inside pages though, as it was definately too small
>for people with bad eyesight or large monitors/resolutions.

will work on that

>I'm not so mad about the splashpage either, it's kind of inconsistant with
>the rest, and out of balance.

quote from designer: "Its like a book, you have a nice front cover and
then....."
Unfortunately, apart from containing words, the web is in fact not like
a book at all - out of my hands though I'm afraid, I'm just the guy who
tries to make things work ;)

>The woman with her head chopped off really jars somewhere, the
>'International Students' foto looks much more enhancing, even with their
>cheesy grins :o)
>Personally I would have gone for either fixed-width, centered on the page,
>or liquid design. This is liquid top, with fixed-width content, giving a
>slightly disjointed CMS-look, especially at large browser size.
>I'm not all that keen on the olive coloured thatch either, wouldn't a
>different color have livened it up a bit, and complemented the blue and red
>better?

again - designer issue

>It worked fine in all browsers I tried, with or without javascript, flash
>etc, and was usable on opera's PDA simulator.

well that's comforting :)
Thans Richard

--
	Paul Bennett