[thelist] Need Browser

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 17:44:46 CST 2003

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:16:13 -0500, Scott Wolpow <scott at Publiccto.com>
wrote:

> I need a customizable browser that does the following:
>
> Mandatory
> Supports Javascript and CSS and PSS (Print Style Sheets)
> Secure Login
>
> Also need
> Custom tool bar for both Nav, Back up and Print functions
> Logon before it opens
>
> Lock in URL it goes to (It will be used for an online app
>
> Has a "message" light. (When they login it scans through a message
> fields and lets them know if there is a message for them, not email
> though, but that would also be nice)
>
> Relatively inexpensive, Perpetual license.
> If you know of a solution let me know. If you can develop one let me
> know off list.
> Thanks (US)
> Cheers (UK)
> Scott

Not sure if this is of any use:

http://www.faronics.com/main.asp?pg=winselect

We've used it on an Intranet used by Kids in public space and only found
one glitch - somehow they get the help screens up (still haven't
duplicated it, crafty little buggers!)

but it will let you lock down windows browser, mouse and keyboard.

Is that what you meant?

hth

Tony

--
listening to: Favourite TV Classics - Puccini - Nessun Dorma (Turandot)
  http://www.xebit.net