[thelist] More on Search Engines

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Wed Dec 10 16:23:15 CST 2003

"Jeff Howden" <jeff at jeffhowden.com> 10/12/2003 21:44:58 wrote:

when it comes to search engine ranking, imo, it comes down to the same old
thing that's the draw for real-live viewers, content, content, content.
look at evolt.org.  zero search engine promotion.  yet there are numerous
search terms that we come up in the top 5 results.
-----------------------------------

indeed, don't bother with contortions to "please" the search engines, "Content is King" just follow the rule:

add a page of real informational content packed with keywords every day.

and follow this truely excellent A-Z of advice:

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
UNITEC Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/staff/syoung.htm
I would provide a URL for my official staffpage, but its too long and complex