[thelist] Re: thelist Digest, Vol 10, Issue 15

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 10 20:11:31 CST 2003

What if you don't feel qualified to give a tip? I've wondered that. It
seems that most of you know everything already.

Here's my tip just in case:
<tip type="flash">
If you name your flash object instances with certain suffixes on them,
the Actionscript editor will show you code hints when writing code for
the object. For example, name a movieclip instance myMC_mc and the _mc
will let Flash know it's a movieclip, and movieclip methods will come
up in the code hints.

You can find lists of the suffixes for movieclips and other Flash
objects, including components, online. Here are two links:
http://www.macromedia.com/livedocs/flash/mx2004/main/03_wri12.htm
http://www.danieldura.com/quickref.htm
</tip>