[thelist] Safari/MSIE/NS Site Check & Need Javascript to display... Monday, 21 September,2003 etc

John C Bullas (soton.ac.uk relay) jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 03:19:18 CST 2003

At 08:01 12/12/2003, Mark Howells wrote:
>>IN PASSING, a Safari user said they were getting errors from the JS
>>time/date insert running on the main sites pages....
>
>I've checked the main page in a Safari Javascript debugger and it doesn't
>bring any errors; it just doesn't show the date.

Many thanks....

Was this the page you tried? (default.htm)......

http://www.cohousingresources.com/

if it WAS then I need a Safariproof JScript to display the date....

if it was not, can you try this and report back?

there might be some bizarre issues with the display working on one
page then kicking up an error in Safari when you load another page
on the same site with the same script via a hyperlink....

Nb; is there a MS version of Safari that would enable me to emulate a MAC
viewer
I have great respect for Macs as I spent a summer using one (G4)... "blue
screen?".... never

Still awaiting the knowledge of how to say the .htaccess equivalent (in IIS
5.0) of

AddHandler server-parsed .htm

FB