[thelist] Extracting Email from Browser ??

Sam Carter scforum at iness.com
Sun Dec 14 11:23:44 CST 2003

I have a client pc here that is giving up an email address to websites.  I
want it to stop.  Here's the scenario.

I'll use cumuli.com as an example.  When visiting that website, I can
register for a newsletter using a junk email I've created like
abcde at mydomain.com.

I'll receive the registration confirmation to abcde at mydomain.com *and* a
second registration confirmation to my real / personal email address which I
did-not-give.

It only happens on this one pc.  I've checked IE's TOOLS/ OPTIONS / CONTENT
/ PERSONAL PROFILE - it's blank.  I've got a cookie manager on this client
so it isn't taking it from a cookie.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Sam