[thelist] Popups too

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 09:27:24 CST 2003

Hi

My mum (can you tell I've been doing my Christmas rounds?) has got those
popup messages that seem to be plaguing people nowadays. I don't even know
what they're called .. they are messages exploiting an open port in
Windows XP.

Now she's tried to download and run a number of firewalls and failed to
get them to run, or hasn't understood how to make them work.

Does anyone have a fix for the problem or a favourite dead simple firewall
with a foolproof installation that I can point her at?

Cheers