[thelist] Why no HTML

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Thu Dec 18 12:14:50 CST 2003

> What are the reasons that many email lists (like thelist) do not
> allow or do not appreciate HTML posts?

I can't speak for any list managers, but as a subscriber, I don't like
HTML email for several reasons.  HTML emails can carry viruses and
spyware.  They bog down browsers on slow machines.  Spam filters
sometimes assume they are spam.  My machine often attempts to dial
out so it can download the embedded graphics.

OTOH, when I want some recruiter to take my resume seriously, I use it.
</hypocrisy>