[thelist] question about ad sales

Raditha Dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Thu Dec 18 19:00:25 CST 2003

Hello,

Since i signed up only around September i didn't know that payout rates
were even better earlier.  It's true a lot of non profit ads are being
displayed most of the time on my site too. However three other companies
i used in the past showed non profit ads ALL the time :-((

I think it's time i acted on your suggestion in the other message about
using my own adserver. The good news is that this can be combined with
adsense.

best regards

Brian Cummiskey wrote:

>>>supposedly the best banner ad delivery company around nowadays is
>>>google. learn more at http://www.google.com/adsense/
>>>

>While I agree for the most part, the payout has dropped DRAMATICALLY
>each month since I've signed up
>
>The past few months for me look like this:
>
>July 18, 2003  Payment sent  (751.24)
>August 20, 2003  Payment sent  (556.95)
>September 24, 2003  Payment sent  (421.91)
>October 27, 2003  Payment sent  (470.79)
>December 9, 2003  Payment sent  (395.24)
>December 17, 2003  Payment sent  (362.13)
>
>My site's traffic has been steady, as have my click-through rates at
>right around 1%.  The problem is that it got way too big way too fast...
>And now, I get served a bunch of filler ads all the time...  Ebay
>partners and so on.  Each adsense'ee has the option of choosing their
>budget, say $50 a day.  Once that's reached, you will get no more ads
>from them.  When their ad is shown on 213123 sites instead of 123, their
>budget is out in 3 hours for example... And the rest of the day, your
>site is serving ad council Org ads that don't pay.

Raditha Dissanayake.