[thelist] Re: asp/vb - array problem

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Dec 19 09:12:48 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dunstan Orchard" <dunstan at 1976design.com>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 9:05 AM

> "Ken Schaefer" <ken at adOpenStatic.com>
> > Why aren't you storing these things in some kind of collection (eg a
> > hashtable)?
>
> because I have no idea what that means :op
>
> how would I set that up Ken?

Dunstan,

For questions such as this, the answer can generally be found by checking
Google.

The tricky part about Ken suggestion is that the Dictionary object is often
used instead as the hashtable Classic ASP.  If you search on "Hashtable ASP"
you get a pile of results, but most will be for ASP.NET.

Here is a reference link for the Dictionary object:

http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_dictionary.asp

That is a good resource to bookmark. W3schools.com has a number of well
written references for many web related subjects.

Best of luck,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.