[thelist] OT: Recommendation for Mac Anti-Spam Desktop Software

matthew thelist at imagerealm.com
Sat Dec 20 07:36:25 CST 2003

> From: mike karthauser mikek at brightstorm.co.uk
>
> If your client is buying a new mac then they will have Mail which works a
> treat with spam filtering.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Entourage is vastly superior to Mail in
most aspects, and it's spam filtering works very well too. I never get spam
in my regular inbox, and I'm training it to get less and less real mail in
my junk mail box.

Maybe I didn't try hard enough with Mail, but Entourage allows as many Email
accounts as I want, and can run a filter/search through almost 8,000 emails
in about 2 seconds - and that's not even with a fast computer (667mhz
Titanium laptop).

I'm no fan of Microsoft, but I haven't seen a better piece of email software
in my life. Go figure. Maybe I'll look at Mozilla Thunderbird, just to make
sure I'm not missing something...

Matt

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses]