[thelist] Standards Compliant CMS

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Tue Dec 23 20:40:20 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Budd" <andy at message.uk.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: December 23, 2003 8:41 AM
Subject: [thelist] Standards Compliant CMS

> I was wondering if anybody knew of a good, open source, standards
> compliant cms?
>
> I've been using MovableType on my blog and I like it's simplicity and
> the fact that the visual design is all css based. However I'm wanting
> to find something that will work for SME clients who need a few more
> features like version control and admin user permissions.

I've installed and been playing with http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/ for
a while now, and it's pretty impressive and the price is right if you
have php/mysql (XHTML 1.0 and meets the W3C's Web Accessibility
Initiative requirements). Lots of user/client enhancements like
announcements, blocks you can move, new pages, menus, dynamic forms
generation, calendar, comments, photoalbums, FAQ, and polls they can do
themselves. So far everything has worked well for me and install was a
breeze.

Bit much for a blog though, never used it but have heard that
http://wordpress.org is good, thought someone on this list was using it
already somewhere...

HTH!

cheers,