[thelist] Oddities on Domain Relationship NT4 and 2000

Ted Elam ted_46220 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 09:52:42 CST 2004

I have a windows NT 4 domain and a Windows 2000
domain.  These have a trust set up, but this is where
the fun begins.

The NT4 domain can see and access everything on the
2000 domain (accessable according to permissions), but
when I try to connect from the 2000 domain I get the
message
"%%%%% server is not accessable.

The trust relationship between the primary domain and
the trusted domain failed"

The error title bar is the PDC server name (of the NT4
Domain).

One other piece of information that (hopefully) will
be helpful is that I cannot connect a Windows XP Pro
workstation to the 2000 domain either.

Any help, recommendations, or ideas would be most
appreciated.