[thelist] Event Handling

Siri Atma Oaklander De Licori saodl at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 16:02:59 CST 2004

I'm working on an event handling structure for a
website with a great diversity of content, but very
consistant structure.  Because of the large number of
elements that need events, I don't like inline
(inelegant, big pages) or dynamic (too much processing
on page load) methods.

I'm thinking about capturing most events when they
bubble up to primary container divs or the document,
and deciding whether to do something and what to do
based on srcElement/target tagnames and classes.

Is there some basic problem with this that I'm
missing?  Has anyone tried this before, and do you
have any warnings or tips?

Thanks,

Siri