[thelist]Select width

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 14:48:00 CST 2004

--- Scott wolpow <scott at wolpow.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to set a uniform width in select menus? Other than
> adding &nbsp; before a "None" value?

Do you mean the width of the menu itself? You can use CSS for that
(width: 100px;) however it's not a good idea, because any text that
runs over that amount will be truncated.

Really best practice for select menus is to allow the longest entry
to set the width of the menu. Most anything else you do futzes with
the menu and can even make it a pain to use.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

[Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over my dead body to beat me...]